- Sites with Lesson Plans and Curriculum Resources
- ALA Information Literacy (American Library Association) Resource Guides for School Library Media Program Development
- BBC – Schools – Homepage
- BBC – Schools – Teachers Home
- British Film Institute – Education
- Calendar of Media Literacy Events (http://www1.medialiteracy.com/home.jsp)
- Don’t Buy It – Get Media Smart. Teacher’s Guide PBS KIDS GO!
- ESC Region XV: Media Literacy in Texas Resources
- Listen Up! is a PBS youth media network for young filmmakers and their allies
- Media Awareness Network Home (Canada) – Media and internet education resources
- Media Literacy Online Project Gateway - Center for Advanced Technology in Education – University of Oregon
- Media Production Course for Middle School
- SchoolTV.com Internet Links for School News Show Production
- StoryCorps – Interview Your Loved Ones
SURWeb – The State of Utah Resources Web
- Teacher Lesson Plan – Using Oral History (Library of Congress)
- The Learning Page… especially for teachers (Library of Congress)
- The Whole World Was Watching – an oral history of 1968 (Brown University)
- UTOPIA – University of Texas at Austin’s digital gateway to access UT resources online. Includes a library of lesson plans developed by Texas teachers.
- UTOPIA – News Reporting through the Eyes of a Photojournalist – sample Lesson Plan
- utopia.utexas.edu K-12 Educators
- Webster University – Media Literacy Curriculum
AdCracker – Interactive tools to create advertising ideas and marketing campaigns. Here you’ll find expert info, sample ads, and interactive concept triggers to help you create advertising and marketing ideas. Both brand and direct response. To the standards of an international ad agency. Faster than ever.
Adcracker – Classic & contemporary advertising techniques for print, TV, Web AdCracker’s ad techniques include contemporary print, Flash, and TVC examples – the best from the USA and around the world.
American Photography A Century of Images
Creative Archive Video Clips The BBC, the bfi, Channel 4 and the Open University set up the Creative Archive Licence Group to make their content available for download under the terms of the Creative Archive Licence.
Flash Kit, A Flash Developer Resource Site – free sound loops and sound effects
Free Sound Effects
Internet Society (ISOC) All About The Internet History of the Internet
Introduction to PowerPoint 2002 – iSchool Tutorials
Jumpcut.com – upload video and edit online
Key Facts About Media Literacy – Kaiser Foundation
Media Education around the world (UK - http://www.mediaed.org.uk/)
National Youth Anti-Drug Media Campaign Home Page (Office of National Drug Control Policy) Radio, print, video and banner ads, with ad transcripts
NewsVoyager.com – links to international newspapers (Newspaper Association of America)
Old Magazine Ads – Vintage Ads – Magazine Advertisements – Magazine Adverts – Magazine-Ads.com
Picture History – The Primary Source for History Online
Prelinger Archives – Public domain films available for download
Video University – free articles and guides
Welcome to Virgil – UT Undergraduate Writing Center